Super Saver Bhutan - Land only | 7 Nights 8 Days
Duration: 08 Days / 07 Nights
Price: ON REQUEST
Welcome to your Super Saver Bhutan - Land Only tour. On arrival at the airport in Bagdogra / railway station in New Jalpaiguri, you will be met and transferred to your hotel in Phuentsholing. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Phuentsholing. (D)
After breakfast, proceed to Thimphu which is approx 8 hours drive. En route, visit the Kharbandi Gompa to get a breathtaking view of Phuentsholing and also the Indian plains. We stop our journey on the way time to time to see and feel the Bhutan himalayan scenery. On the way, we will reach the highest point of about 2800m/9,185ft. On arrival at Thimphu, check-in to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Thimphu. (B, D)
This morning after breakfast, proceed on a city tour of Thimphu visiting places like National Memorial Chorten, Motithang Mini Zoo , National Library (Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Govt Holidays), Buddha Point, Folk Heritage Museum and Tashichodzong. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Thimphu. (B, D)
After breakfast, drive to Punakha with a stop at Dochula Pass (approx. 3080m). Here we can view and admire the Chorten, Mani wall and prayer flags which decorate the highest point on the road. If the sky is clear, the following peaks will be visible from this pass (left to right): Masagang (7,158m), Tshendagang (6,960m), Terigang (7,060m), Jejegangphugang (7,158m), Kangphugang (7,170m), Zongphugang (7,060m), a table mountain dominates the isolated region of Lunana- finally Gangkar puensum, the highest peak in Bhutan at 7,497m. Post lunch, visit the Chimi Lhakhang which is a short hike. Chimi Lakhang Temple lies in the fertile Lobesa village of Punakha Valley. The temple is dedicated to the divine madman-Saint Drukpa Kuenley and is also known as the Temple of Fertility. On arrival check-in to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Punakha. (B, D)
Early morning, we will visit the Punakha dzong. It is situated near two rivers the Pho Chu (Male River) and Mo Chu (Female River.) Asia has a rich tradition of river personification. Punakha Dzong is one of the largest Dzongs in Bhutan. Take the suspension bridge to arrive at the Dzong. Punakha Dzong was initially called Druk Pungthang or Dechen Phodrang (Palace of Great Happiness), for many years until the second king of Bhutan assumed power. Punakha Dzong happened to be the seat of the Government for a long time. Later, drive to Paro. On arrival, check-in to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Paro. (B, D)
After an early breakfast, you will proceed for an excursion to the famous place called Taktshang Monastery (Tiger Nest) (5hrs to 6 hrs hike (up and down). Note:- For clients who will not able to visit Tiger Nest, we have some other places to visit as follows - Kyichu Lhakhang (open till 5 pm): It was built sometimes in mid 7th century by the Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo. It is believed to be one of the 108 temples built to subdue a demoness residing in the Himalayas. It is one of the oldest temples in Bhutan. OR Drukgyel dzong:Drukgyal Dzong was one of the four principal Dra Dzongs (defense fortress). Accounts differ on the founder of Drukgyal Dzong. It is said to have been caused by the fire when a butter lamp fell in the central tower. Only the ruins of giant walls, charred gigantic wooden posts, beams and watch towers can be seen of what was once an important fortress that repelled several invasions from the north. OR National Museum (open till 4 pm): It is housed in the Ta Dzong (watchtower). Here an intriguing collection of artifacts provide a wonderful introduction to the rich culture and heritage of the Kingdom. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Paro. (B, D)
Today, after breakfast drive back to Phuentsholing - the western gateway to the south and thriving commercial trade centre on the northern edge of the Indian plains. On arrival, check-in to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Phuentsholing. (B, D)
Today, bid farewell to your Super Saver Bhutan - Land Only tour, as you are transferred to the airport in Bagdogra/ railway station in New Jalpaiguri for your onward journey.(B)
Tour cost Includes:-
- Accommodation in the hotels listed or similar hotels.
- Meals - Daily buffet Breakfast and Dinner as per the itinerary.
- Transportation: Transfers / Sightseeing by Non - Air Conditioned Toyota Coaster Bus / Hiace or similar as per the itinerary. The vehicle is not at disposal.India Part: Non AC Innova (Pick up and drop).
- Permit / Immigration charges.
- All current applicable taxes i.e. Hotel tax and Transportation tax.
Cost Does Not Include :-
- Air, Train or Bus fare from / to your originating city of stay, unless specified.
- Any meals / en route meals unless specified.
- Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages, phone calls, pony / horse rides, rafting, cable car / ropeway rides, helicopter rides, additional sightseeing tours / excursions not included in the itinerary, still or video camera fees etc.
- Entrance fees and guide charges, where ever applicable.
- Any increase in fuel cost, government taxes, entrance fees, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in accordance.
- Travel Insurance.
- Any items / services not specifically mentioned in the Tour Price Includes column.
- Supplement charges applicable for festive Season/ long weekends.
- Goods and Services Tax of 5%
- The Himalayan Kingdom on Earth (Land Only) | 4 Nights 5 Days
- Kingdom of Bhutan | 4 Nights 5 Days
- In the Lap of Nature BHUTAN | 4 Nights 5 Days
- Mystical & Magical Bhutan | 5 Nights 6 Days
- The Kingdom of Happiness Bhutan
- Bhutan Enlightening | 6 Nights 7 Days
- The Destination for All Seasons Bhutan
- The Highlights of Bhutan
Call an Expert » +91 9870499704
- 6 Days / 5 Night
- Srinagar - Gulmarg - Sonamarg...